If your school uses the Marzano Framework or iObservations for Teacher Evaluations, this product will save you weeks of work! They perfectly align to a growth mindset, standards-based grading, and make differentiation planning easy! Inspired by Marzano's research in “The Art and Science of Teaching” these posters break down the standards into four proficiency scales from 1-4 (levels of difficulty), with a learning goal statement accompanying each one.
* This document is strictly aligned to the original Common Core standards and the content is NOT EDITABLE.
Click here to see if your State standards align to Common Core
This is how Marzano Proficiency Scales work: proficiency in each standard is represented by a score of 3. A score of 4 indicates an advanced knowledge of the skill, usually above grade level. The learning goals assigned to scores of 2 and 1, are either derived from sub-skills of the standard, or from the background knowledge of earlier grade levels. Students will be amazed by their progress by the end of the year! Resources such as Bloom's and Marzano's Taxonomy were also used to create the scales. Visit Mrs. L's website for a short video explaining how scales for Math and ELA were designed. (Look for "Marzano Posters" under the RESOURCES tab.)
THIS DOCUMENT INCLUDES:
1. One color poster with learning goals and scale for every standard.
2. One black & white poster with learning goals and scale for every standard.
3. Five editable blank color posters, one for each cluster (RP, NS, EE, G, SP) if you’d like to write your own learning goals for the scale with your students.
4. Five editable blank black & white posters, one for each cluster (RP, NS, EE, G, SP).
This document is strictly aligned to the original Common Core and the content is NOT EDITABLE. However there are BLANK pages that may be edited to create your own scales with the same colors and graphics.
For directions on editing the pages in your pdf. document. CLICK HERE
For more information on using Marzano Scales, visit
Mrs. L's Leveled Learning website
* This document is strictly aligned to the original Common Core and the content is NOT EDITABLE.
For an EDITABLE version of the complete document follow this link...
8th Grade Common Core Math Posters with Learning Goals and Scales
8th Grade Math BUNDLE with Learning Goals and Scales - EDITABLE
8th Grade Common Core Math Assessment with Learning Goals and Scales!
8th Grade Math Student Portfolio with Learning Goals and Scales - FREE!
8th Grade Math Madness Interactive Power Point Game
8th Grade Common Core Math Quizzes
8th Grade Math Excel Tracking Sheet with Scales - FREE!
8th Grade ELA Posters with Marzano Scales - Aligned to Common Core
8th Grade ELA Student Portfolio Pages with Marzano Scales - FREE!