The purpose of this guide is for students and teachers to learn each of the reporting categories and Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for 8th grade U.S. History.
What’s Include in this Guide?
- The four Reporting Categories
o Geography and Culture
o Government and Citizenship
o Economics, Science, Technology & Society
- Social Studies, Grade 8, TEKS
- Released STAAR Questions
- Academic Vocabulary
- Practice Activities
- Visuals, charts, and graphics
- Book cover and table of contents page that can be edited for individual uses
Ways to use this Guide:
- Give a copy to students at the beginning of the school year or use at the end of the year as a cumulative review.
- Teachers can use the guide to check for student understanding.
- Study tool for students to use in the classroom and/or at home.
- Parents can use this guide to help students at home.
- Provide a guide for teachers that are new to the 8th grade social studies curriculum.
- Help teachers work through challenging TEKS or often tested TEKS.