Based on the game Headbands - students review vocabulary words and concepts in a fun game. Directions are included, but here is the basic game play. Headbands can be created using many methods, but I bought cheap elastic band headbands from Walmart. Timers can be ordered from Amazon.
1. Students sit facing each other in groups of 4-6.
2. Students roll a dice to see who goes first. Players go in clockwise order after that.
3. Player one picks up five cards and tucks them in the headband where the other players can see the pictures and words on the card.
4. The timer is flipped over and play begins.
5. The other players use descriptions, synonyms, definitions, or act out the word that is displayed. The player wearing the headband is trying to guess the word or concept being described. If the player guesses correctly they pull that card out of their headband and stack it up in front of them to show the points they earned. The players then move on to the next card and repeat the process.
6. The players turn ends when the time runs out, or they have earned all five points.
7. Players may pass on a card if the player cannot guess and gives up, or the describers agree they cannot describe the word.
8. Players are not allowed to say the actual word, or use “rhymes with” when providing clues.
9. The player with the most cards correctly guessed wins the game.