Products in this Bundle (11)
showing 1-5 of 11 products
Nine opinion and persuasive prompts provide plenty of practice. Each argumentative writing resource includes lesson plans, graphic organizers, editing checklists, and rubrics. To support classroom, hybrid, and distance learning, materials are included as a printable PDF and shareable Easel Activities.
For each prompt, third and fourth grade kids tackle a different paragraph:
- You Should Try It – Persuade your peers to try an activity you enjoy.
- Groundhog Day – Convince Punxsutawney Phil to see (or not see) his shadow.
- St. Patrick’s Day – Talk a leprechaun into giving you the gold at the end of the rainbow.
- National Anthem – Compose an opinion piece that tells which song should be the anthem.
- Book Character – Persuade others to vote for a book character for president.
- Home or School – Argue whether it’s better to learn in the classroom or virtually.
- Halloween – Convince the teacher to wear a costume.
- Hire Me, Santa – Apply for a job as an elf.
- Snow Day – Talk the principal into giving you a snow day.
With each writing activity, students build skills in organization, elaboration, word choice, sentence variety, transitions, beginnings, and endings. Kids scaffold to success throughout the year.
You will also receive two videos and related resources:
- For the Teacher – “Nailing It” shows how to model persuasive compositions for your students.
- For the Student – A circus-themed video explains strategies for strengthening writing. Anchor charts and organizers are also included.
A bonus file provides helpful links, as well as generic lesson plans, organizers, checklists, and rubrics to complete your writing unit.
Open the previews to get a better look at all pages.
Would you like to be notified when I post new resources? Just follow me on TpT!