If you like the ideas in my book The World Language Daily Tech Guide, and if you decided to use the popular free download sample for the first day, you probably are trying to figure out how to make the time to make a DTG for your French One class in order to keep them in the target language and improve behavior.
I am sharing for $2.00 a day the Daily Tech Guides that I make at home. They are created in PowerPoint and can easily be imported into Active Inspire software for the Promethean Board as objects or the Notebook software for the Smart Board or other interactive board software.
I make them in Spanish and a French teacher has offered to put them into French.
There is no cultural aspect, just the vocabulary. The PowerPoint and supporting WORD papers and Excel grading sheet are in a zipped drive. The homework sheet is not translated to French. If someone wants to do that, let me know and we can work out something. If you would like to help out and translate some days, let me know.
For more info on the DTG process go to: http://www.90percenttargetlanguage.com
Daily Tech Guide - Day 13 French Survival Phrases includes
PPT with 107 slides – 2 shows of 53 and 54
1 original homework sheet for writing and vocabulary list
1 paper for students should be given out in sheet protector
Today’s activites for a 50 minute class period include:
2. Review all survival to date.
3. This is the third of three days of survivor vocabulary that students need to speak to one another, to speak to the teacher , and for self talk.
4. We review yesterday’s vocab, play charades with yesterday’s (optional) and introduce today’s using a rotating lines of students.
5. With their new partner of the week they get into pairs. Asking for a pen, pencil, band-aid, worksheet. You can use real items or else my cards that you can run off on business card stock.
6. Break up the drill with alphabet songs, countries songs and puedo ir al baños
7. Homework –day 3 survival list and vocab.
8. Complete desk sheet – give out to students tomorrow with page protector.
By purchasing this, you agree that any spelling mistakes will be fixed, and not deter the rating of this product. We don’t have time to have another French teacher check for typing mistakes. If you want to send me the corrections by slide number please do and I will correct it going forward. And I would appreciate it. Please send them to email@example.com.
We are just offering these because a few French teachers have asked for a skelton to get going. This should be a strong start to 75 per cent of your daily lesson. It’s not perfect but it is better than everyone recreating the wheel.
I hope you can use them in the spirit in which they are offered.