If you like the ideas in my book The World Language Daily Tech Guide, and decided to use the popular free download sample for the first day, you probably are trying to figure out how to make the time to make a DTG for your Spanish One class in order to keep them in the target language and improve behavior.
I am sharing for $2.00 a day the Daily Tech Guides that I make at home. They are created in PowerPoint and can easily be imported into Active Inspire software for the Promethean Board as objects or the Notebook software for the Smart Board or other interactive board software.
With the purchase, you can request to become a member of that day’s wiki for links to videos and audio recordings. Today’s zipped file includes:
• the assignment sheet
• vocabulary sheet
• pre-class reading and interpreting/writing logical activities
• Paired Practice activity – 2 sheets for guessing activity
• The homework worksheet for students to complete it includes two columns reflecting ACTFL's 'can-do' statements.
• grid to be used while reading authentic letters about preferred activities
• PowerPoint with 144 slides
Today’s activities for a 50 minute class period include:
1. Greetings/pre-class of interpeting calendar and writing logical sentences/ homework review.
2. Choral practice prior vocab for writing paragraph about self.
3. Reivew of vocabulary to determine the known and unknown – slide with picture but no words – check for choral response-then slide with word. Finish with slide of all pictures and students check off on vocab list the ones they need to study.
4. Intro to last set of vocab for this unit.
o ir a la escuela va
trabajar trabaja actuar actua
(A mí) Me gusta más
¿Qué te gusta más?
Lo siento, pero no puedo.
Sí, me gustaría……contigo.
5. Spelling and gestures.
6. Paired practice with one partner looking at board and describing calendar with activities while other partner looks at six calendars and labels correct one.
7. Read three authentic letters from Chile and record answers on grid.
8. Distribute and write down homework
9. Video of “Cuando Me Enamoro.”
10. Closure – what did we do today