Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
16.96 MB | 78 pages
How do we motivate and teach this texting-driven generation to write when their writing then becomes a measure of our teaching performance? In today’s lesson we take the cumulative lessons to write a letter of introduction to a host family.
Today’s activities for a 50 minute class period include:
1. Greetings/pre-class of Textivate can be done on worksheet provided or if access to the computers can be done on website.
2. Reviewing the homework answers.
3. Going over the textivate answers if on worksheet.
4. Choral practice prior vocab for writing paragraph about self.
5. Reivew of vocabulary to determine the known and unknown – slide with picture but no words – and of the latest words presented yesterday.
6. If access to Word documents on computer, then interactive paragraph.
(Otherwise static drop down menu)
Students use drop down menus to fill in their custom-tailored paragraphs. Then they copy them in their own handwriting in preparation of the assessment of writing a letter of introduction.
7. Students exchange copies of their paragraphs and proof for spelling and punctuation
8. Read three authentic letters from Chile and record answers on grid.
9. Homework is to write over paragraph and support with at least illustrations.
10. Video of “Cuando Me Enamoro.”
11. Closure – what did we learn today.
With the purchase, you can request to become a member of that day’s wiki for links to videos and audio recordings. Today’s zipped file includes:
• the assignment sheet
• vocabulary sheet
• pre-class textivate handouts for pre-writing including arranging the text in boxes, fill-in the blank and fill in the vowels. If your class has computers you can do these on-line.
• Instructions for textivate
• Static Drop Down menu page if computers are not available
• Drop Down menu page if using word-compatible computers
• grid to be used while reading authentic letters about preferred activities
• PowerPoint with 75 slides
If you like the ideas in my book The World Language Daily Tech Guide, and decided to use the popular free download sample for the first day, you probably are trying to figure out how to make the time to make a DTG for your Spanish One class in order to keep them in the target language and improve behavior.
I am sharing for $2.00 a day the Daily Tech Guides that I make at home. They are created in PowerPoint and can easily be imported into Active Inspire software for the Promethean Board as objects or the Notebook software for the Smart Board or other interactive board software.