9/11 deservedly receives a large amount of attention but I’ve found that my students know little about the long term effects of 9/11 like the war in Afghanistan and Iraq or the connection between 9/11 and the rise of ISIS. Many also lack a basic knowledge of the geography of the Middle East or the division between Sunni & Shite Muslims. This map, set of questions and quiz is designed to help remedy these gaps in knowledge.
With this purchase you get:
• An 11 x 17’ map of the Middle East with commentary on the rise of ISIS, the Persian Gulf War, the Iraq War, and the war in Afghanistan as well as the hunt for bin Laden & a list of Presidents from George H.W Bush to the present. Commentary includes language on where the US stands today in relation to these events.
• A set of 40 questions over the map and commentary about post 9/11 events in the Middle East
• A brief explanation of the differences between Sunni & Shite Muslims along with a map of how these groups are distributed throughout the Middle East
• Answer key for the 40 questions
• A 20 question True/False quiz over the set of questions
• Answer key for the True/False Quiz
Also, your students might benefit from my other resources on 9/11 including
9/11 Cause & Effect Graphic Organizer with questions & quiz 11 x 17" https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/911-Cause-Effect-Graphic-Organizer-with-questions-quiz-11-x-17-2582429
ISIS: CNN Video with two quizzes & background information https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/ISIS-CNN-Video-with-two-quizzes-background-information-2493372
9/11 Music Activity: Nine songs, lyrics, worksheet & answer key https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/911-Music-Activity-Nine-songs-lyrics-worksheet-answer-key-2035874
9/11 CD Cover: Students Create a CD Cover of 9/11 Music https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/911-CD-Cover-Students-Create-a-CD-Cover-of-911-Music-2470614
The Past is a Blast