Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.79 MB | 20 pages
The 4th Grade SMARTBoard Introduction to Classifying Organisms is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
This lesson focuses on an introduction to classifying organisms. It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text emphasizing the concept of classification.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction/explanation of the 6 kingdoms
• Breakdown of the groupings within each kingdom (phylum, class, order, family, genus, and species
• Explanation of 1-celled organisms (bacteria and fungi)
• Introduction to protists
• How organisms are named
Activity one has the kingdoms chart where students move the data from an answer bank into the correct slots on the chart.
• Activity two has the same chart with shades that the teacher can use to flip as students complete a chart at their desks. The chart is in a PDF file in the package.
• Activity 3 is a PowerPoint Jeopardy review of the entire classification presentation.