This is a perfect activity pack to use while reading the book A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon. It can be used in many different ways! Make sure to check out my A Bad Case of Stripes pre, during, and post reading activities file in my TpT store!
In this file:
* Visualization graphic - stop at various points in the story and have the students visualize what Camilla looks like. They can draw a picture and then describe her before showing them the picture.
* Character trait web - students use the graphic organizer to come up with a character trait and evidence from the story to support it. Students can then put the information on a poster to display.
* Character change writing - A graphic organizer is included to help guide students to write about how Camilla has changed throughout the story. Also includes final copy paper.
* Cause and Effect matching center - Students match the sets of cards and write the response on the recording page.
* True/False - These activity pages have students read different sentences and decide if they are true or false
* Problem/Solution - Graphic organizer to help students locate problems and solutions throughout the story
* Sentence or Fragment - This activity page have the students read each phrase and decide if it is a sentence or a fragment.
* Pre-Reading activity - Students work in groups to determine different reasons why the character on the cover is covered in stripes. Have each group share their responses after with the other groups.
* Higher Level Guided Questions - After reading the story have the students answer the questions
* Carousel of Questions - Put the students into groups and hang up the question pages in different areas of the room. Have each group start at a question and answer it. Each group should have a different colored marker and should be given about 5 minutes to respond to each question. Then they rotate to the next. Once all questions have been answered by each group review the responses given.
* Comprehension Game - Students can play in groups after reading the book to help them review.
Check out my blog for more great activities and ideas!
Beach Bum Literacy Chick