Need a Bulletin Board idea that covers cause and effect and theme? Your students will have a blast reading A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon and completing a Cause & Effect Fold and Record activity!
This pack includes:
- A Cause & Effect banner for a bulletin board that will brighten up any hallway!
- A Cause & Effect Fold and Record worksheet. Students will be given causes taken from the story and will be asked to record the effect. This is differentiated as students may write or illustrate the effect within the interactive foldable to show understanding.
- Comprehension Quick Check: multiple choice
- A Circle Map in which students will record what they believe the BIG idea of the story may be. Students will think about what David Shannon is trying to teach his readers.
- A Tree Map in which students will record the theme in the story and what quotes they used to support this conclusion. Students will practice the use of text evidence.
- A Common Core Standard Poster covering theme to display on your completed and fabulous bulletin board!
RL.1.2 Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
***I displayed my students' cause & effect foldable and BIG idea tree maps along with a black and white picture of their faces! Students colored themselves with a "bad case of stripes!" Have fun!
KG Second Chances Font (Chalkboard)
Stella Jumbo Bundle Papers and ClipArt by Teaching Super Power