This resource is a Close Reading and Vocabulary Pack for the book A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon. This is a great text to read at the beginning of the school year or anytime to explore the issues of fitting in and being yourself .
What’s included in this 30 page pack:
1. Suggested sequence for teaching.
2. A page by page guide to close reading of the text - A Bad Case of Stripes. This includes during reading discussions and after reading activities.
3. A student sheet for writing in response to reading - focus on theme. Answer sheet included.
4. A student sheet for writing in response to reading.- focus on mood. Answer sheet included.
5. A student sheet for writing - using text evidence to support thinking.
6. A student sheet for PLOT.
7. Six Tier Two vocabulary words picked carefully from the text.
8. A vocabulary game.
9. A completed vocabulary chart which is meant to be written on chart paper and filled in as the story progresses.
10. A blank student copy of the chart.
11. Four different vocabulary graphic organizers – four teachers editions with vocabulary words already filled in with ideas on how to use.
12. The same four organizers.- blank for copying for your students.
13. A vocabulary quiz to give as an ending assessment.