PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Read-alouds can be used in a variety of ways to help transform your students' love for reading. They can also be rigorous yet fun, which is a win-win for you and your students.
A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon is a great book to read out loud with or to your students.
Every book in my Read Aloud with Rigor Series has the following:
• Printable Sticky Notes for the teacher to insert in the book, along with step-by-step instructions on how to print on sticky notes
• Reading Comprehension Printables Aligned to Common Core text-evidence standards
• A QR Code Vocabulary Activity Chart
• Graphic Organizers and Writing Activities
• A Common Core States Standards Chart that outlines which standards are addressed
• A Parent Letter that can be sent home to make this book a homework reading assignment
• A Substitute Teaching Letter that gives step-by-step instructions to a sub on how to use this book while you're out (which means NO EXTRA WORK FOR YOU if you need last minute sub plans!)
Here are some of the text-evidence standards that my Read Aloud with Rigor Series covers:
• Citing Text Evidence
• Defining Vocabulary in Context
• Using Schema to Build Stronger Reading Comprehension
• Building Background Knowledge Activites
• Character Analysis...AND MORE!
This resource is a companion to the book A Bad Case of Stripes written by David Shannon
This book is a great read-aloud for helping to teach acceptance to your students.
The preview above has a FREE SAMPLE for you to print and use right away.
A Bad Case of Stripes read-aloud set is super easy to use! It will help you infuse more rigor into your reading time with students! Happy Reading ☺
Here are more read alouds from my Read Aloud with Rigor Series:
Here are some great read alouds for the holidays:
WANT DISCOUNTED TPT RESOURCES?!
Did you know that you can get TpT Credit that lowers the prices of your future purchases?
Each time you make a purchase, you can offer a rating and feedback on that resource in exchange for credits that will go towards your next purchase!
So be sure to rate this resources when you buy it to get your next TpT discount!
And don't forget to click the green star ★ beside my picture to follow me for updates and first dibs on the latest classroom goodies from me!
Thanks for your support!
Here's a blog post I wrote on Read Alouds for Back to School
©Tanya G. Marshall, The Butterfly Teacher, All Rights Reserved 2018