Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.57 MB | 24 pages
A Band of Angels is the story of the Jubilee Singers. The Jubilee Singers were founded at Fisk University. When the singers learned that their school may be closing due to damaged buildings, the students decided to sing up North to raise money for the school. The book, written by Deborah Hopkins emphasizes rich African American history, music appreciation, and values that teach you to work hard to follow your dreams. Great for grades 2-5.
Included in the package:
- Lesson Plan in word format; Common Core aligned. Lesson plan includes background information, modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- Prezi- A 3D Lesson plan that is similar to powerpoint, with a 3D effect.
- List of 5 activities to supplement that lesson. Websites included.
- Vocabulary Practice sheet with ten words. Students must complete the sentence using the words in the word bank.
- Problem/Solution Graphic Organizer. Students will read the story and complete the chart with problems and solutions from the text.
- Comprehension Quiz with ten questions. Answer key included.
- Song Lyrics for five popular jubilee songs or "spirituals" including "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot", "Go Down Moses", "Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen", "Steal Away", and "I'm So Glad".
-You Tube Videos included in the prezi featuring Sam Cooke, Mahalia Jackson, and the Jubilee Singers covering "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" and "Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen"