In this collection, I've compiled activities to supplement the Unit 2.1 "A Big Fish for Max" story included in the Reading Street series (2008). There are so many engaging activities that you'll run out of time before all of these resources have been exhausted.
This product is specific to first grade.
More specifically, you'll find:
* 8.5 x 11 anchor charts: sh, th, al (as in ball)
* high frequency word card game
* roll and read x 3
* progress monitoring "sticker" incentive chart (You'll provide the stickers.)
* writing prompt
* reading incentive chart (I use this with AR.)
* amazing words flashcards
* spelling scoot
* 10 fill-in-the-blank sentences
* "rainbow" spelling center
* noun center - Kids select the noun from 3 underlined words in a sentence.
* 3 word sorts (initial/final "sh" words; all, alt, alk sort; -all/short a word sort)
* 12 spelling rebus puzzles
* 2 roll, read, and write (spelling words, high frequency words))
* -all word family flip book
* graphic organizer
* literacy center (10 QR code items) Kids select the noun from a given set of 3 to 4 words. You'll need to install a free QR reader onto your ipad.
* tic-tac-toe game (played with dri-erase markers and high frequency words)
Recording sheets are included. Enjoy!
55 pages + 4 (title, credits, instructions) = 59