Also included in
- Leo Lionni is a wonderful children's author for second and third graders. These grab and go materials make celebrating his books easy. This bundle includes before/during/after activities for each of the titles below. The bundle is comprehension focused and engaging. There is also an emphasis on writ$22.00$35.00Save $13.00
A Busy Year by Leo Lionni is a sweet book about the life cycle of a tree and how two mice take care of it. Students love the little mice in A Busy Year, and teachers love having grab and go lessons! This DIGITAL and PDF unit is perfect for mentor text lessons, book clubs, guided reading groups, and paired reading. It includes choices for before, during, after reading.
ACTIVITY OPTIONS FOR A BUSY YEAR:
- schema building about trees (alphaboxes)
- tier 2 vocabulary introduction and practice
- sequencing (anchor chart and project) -2 pages
- story elements
- questioning page
- character traits
- making connections
- research report about trees
- and writing in response to reading (____ loves the planet)
OTHER LEO LIONNI RESOURCES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
This unit can be purchased individually, but is also included in my Leo Lionni Author Study. Other units included in the author study are:
GET THEM ALL IN THE AUTHOR STUDY:
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS HAVE THOUGHT OF THIS UNIT:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Doris C. says, "Great way to help Kindergarten students understand and make connections to the story. My students enjoyed the activities. "
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jacki S. says, "Great Resource!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Maryann M (TpT Seller) says, "Wonderful! This fit in so well with our year long tree study."
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.