Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Our A Christmas Carol Unit Teaching Package has 180+ pages and slides of engaging activities. Learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity in these standards-aligned resources built from best practices.
This world today works really hard to get us thinking about ourselves. It's gets us so focused on our needs and wants for today that we lose track the grand picture of our lives. It's gets us thinking that if we take care of we and ours then everything will be just dandy. Humbug to the rest!
That is what makes A Christmas Carol so timeless. Scrooge's journey toward seeing the world around him and all its needs is a journey our students could use as much as we could. The 3 ghosts have messages for our culture today to think about and discuss. Like we said ... timeless.
Save $$$ and buy the bundle. »»» Print Version »»» Digital-only Version (coming soon...) »»» Combo Version (coming soon...)
What other teachers are saying about this literature unit:
♥ I started by using the freebies and then realized that I "needed" all of it! Very comprehensive yet easy to use. I wish I had the time to use this resource in its entirety. Good stuff!
♥ I absolutely love every novel study that I get from you guys. I think this is my 9th unit and I love them all. This one lives up to the expectations of all of the rest. Thank you, again, for providing a bomb-diggity resource that my students are going to learn a lot from.
♥ Thank you for creating a great resource that I can use with my 7th and 8th graders. Created for Learning is the first place I stop before purchasing a new novel study unit. This is the third bundle I have purchased from you and am so happy to use the study units with my classes. There is an abundance of useful products in each unit. I even use them with my SPED kids. Thanks again for creating a wonderful product.
♥ This is the second product I've downloaded of yours and it is fantastic! I'm very excited to use this with my middle grades students. I'm usually wary of spending so much on a product from a user I'm not familiar with, but this is going to be worth every penny. Thank you for your thorough work and for sharing this with us!
♥ This was a fantastic purchase and was appropriate for my 7th grade students. It has everything I needed in one package!
♥ Great for my 8th graders! The curriculum map is helpful and takes the stress out of planning!!!
♥ I used this before Christmas for my 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. There is plenty suitable for each level; the basics in plot, character, and setting were perfect for the 6th graders, and my 8th graders were challenged by the figurative language sections. This unit was a great purchase, and I look forward to using it again! I also appreciated the visual impact of the plans; the coordinating graphics gave a fun and festive mood.
♥ I want to mention that it's great for a variety of levels -- it's always tough teaching multiple grade levels and these types of products make it much easier. Thank you!
NOVEL: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
TOTAL: 180+ slides/pages
Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
»»» MEETS COMMON CORE STANDARDS «««
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS:
* Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit.
* Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities in the classroom.
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 11-page activity
- class discussion instructions to analyze Marley's chains & create our own chains
- 1-page activity
- students imagine their own three Ghosts and which scenes those ghosts would create for them
- 1-page activity
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page organizer
- Students analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 1-page organizer
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 5-page organizer
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 33-writing prompt PowerPoint
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.1, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1
··· 5 Comprehension Pop Quizzes PowerPoints
- a 5-question pop quiz per few chapters
- 22-slides and pages
- The purpose of these is so students who read the chapters recently would ace the quiz and students who didn't read recently would not do well.
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide PowerPoint will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
- Students analyze the 55 different quotes from the story
- 6-page organizer & answer keys
- Students analyze the 6 different symbols in the story
- 5-page organizer
- 90 vocabulary words from the novel
- three 30-question lists & quizzes
- 12-page Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer keys
··· Essay and Speech
- 3 response to literature essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 6-page bundle
*** 180+ pages / slides total ***
Enjoy A Christmas Carol! And God Bless Us, Every One!!!
»»» OTHER CHRISTMAS CAROL AWESOMENESS
> Digital 1:1 Complete Unit (coming soon...)»»»
> Digital-Print Combo Unit (coming soon...)»»»
»»» OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY:
> We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
»»» POETRY UNITS:
»»» Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
> Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!