Products in this Bundle (14)
showing 1-5 of 14 products
Your learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity of our engaging activities built from best teaching practices. We want to make your lesson planning journey easy, so you can focus on your expertise. This novel study includes a curriculum map pacing guide that offers our day-by-day suggestion for how to plan out your weeks of lessons. Our pedagogy section explains the instructive idea behind the activity, gives ideas for implementation, and aligns it to the standards. We've filmed some training videos on (1) how to assemble a Novel Analysis Packet that is unique to the academic needs of your learners and (2) how to effectively use our Quickwrite writing prompts.
This world today works really hard to get us thinking about ourselves. It's gets us so focused on our needs and wants for today that we lose track the grand picture of our lives. It's gets us thinking that if we take care of we and ours then everything will be just dandy. Humbug to the rest!
That is what makes A Christmas Carol so timeless. Scrooge's journey toward seeing the world around him and all its needs is a journey our students could use as much as we could. The 3 ghosts have messages for our culture today to think about and discuss. Like we said ... timeless.
TEXT: A CHRISTMAS CAROL by Charles Dickens
TOTAL: 180+ slides/pages
→ Based off the Scholastic Edition
→ Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS LITERATURE RESOURCE
♥ I started by using the freebies and then realized that I "needed" all of it! Very comprehensive yet easy to use. I wish I had the time to use this resource in its entirety. I found several resources that I am eager to try out this year. I believe that they will fall in love with this text through the use of this resource. Good stuff!
♥ I absolutely love every novel study that I get from you guys. I think this is my 9th unit and I love them all. This one lives up to the expectations of all of the rest. Thank you, again, for providing a bomb-diggity resource that my students are going to learn a lot from.
♥ Thank you for creating a great resource that I can use with my 7th and 8th graders. Created for Learning is the first place I stop before purchasing a new novel study unit. This is the third bundle I have purchased from you and am so happy to use the study units with my classes. There is an abundance of useful products in each unit. I even use them with my SPED kids. Thanks again for creating a wonderful product.
♥ This is the second product I've downloaded of yours and it is fantastic! I'm very excited to use this with my middle grades students. I'm usually wary of spending so much on a product from a user I'm not familiar with, but this is going to be worth every penny. Thank you for your thorough work and for sharing this with us!
♥ This was a fantastic purchase and was appropriate for my 7th grade students. It has everything I needed in one package!
♥ Great for my 8th graders! The curriculum map is helpful and takes the stress out of planning!!!
♥ I used this before Christmas for my 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. There is plenty suitable for each level; the basics in plot, character, and setting were perfect for the 6th graders, and my 8th graders were challenged by the figurative language sections. This unit was a great purchase, and I look forward to using it again! I also appreciated the visual impact of the plans; the coordinating graphics gave a fun and festive mood.
♥ I want to mention that it's great for a variety of levels -- it's always tough teaching multiple grade levels and these types of products make it much easier. Thank you!
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS
→ Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit
→ Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities
→ Meets Common Core Standards
→ Easy to differentiate for different learning levels: Honors, 2nd language learners, and Sped
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 11-page activity
- class discussion instructions to analyze Marley's chains & create our own chains
- 1-page activity
- students imagine their own three Ghosts and which scenes those ghosts would create for them
- 1-page activity
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page analyzer
- Students analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 2-page analyzer
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 5-page analyzer
- Students analyze the 6 different symbols in the story
- 5-page analyzer
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide slideshow will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
- Students analyze the 55 different quotes from the story
- 6-page analyzer & answer keys
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 33-writing prompt slideshow
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.1, CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1
- a 5-question pop quiz per few chapters
- 22-slides and pages
- The purpose of these is so students who read the chapters recently would ace the quiz and students who didn't read recently would not do well.
- 90 vocabulary words from the novel
- three 30-question lists & quizzes
- 12-page Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer keys
- 3 response to literature essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 6-page bundle
Enjoy! And God Bless Us, Every One!!!
OTHER CHRISTMAS CAROL SPOOKINESS
OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY
→ We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
→ Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!