Book Companion for "A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee" by Chris Van Dusen. Super cute book with beautiful illustrations. Dee and Mr. Magee go on a camping trip and get a little more than they bargained for! It all starts with some marshmallows and a very hungry, but nearly blind, bear.
This book is great to use in speech with those kiddos who are working on story retell. The companion includes tons of activities to go along with the book or just to enhance your "Camping theme."
Here is a link to the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Camping-Spree-With-Mr-Magee/dp/0811836037
Included in this Product:
- 32 WH-Questions
- 16 Story Sequencing Cards
- 3 Sequencing Maps (Beginning, Middle, and End)
- Story Retell Map (title, author, characters, setting, problem, solution, events, and solution)
- Story Retell Cards for Characters, Setting, Problem, Feelings, Events, and Solution
- Regular and Irregular Verbs List
- 27 Regular Verb Cards
- 14 Irregular Verb Cards
- Past, Present and Future Verb Sentence Starters: Today, I ____, Yesterday, I _____, Tomorrow, I ______
- Writing Prompt for Story Writing Activity
- 12 Compare and Contrast Cards: How are they the same and how are they different?
- 8 Name the Category Cards: All three items belong to the same category. What are they?
- 12 Preposition Cards and 12 Camping Items: Pick one preposition card and one camping item from the pile. Put the item in the right place and you get to keep the card!
- Let’s Go Camping Game: Collect all of the camping items to win! Watch out for the mosquitos!
- 6 Camping Social Scenarios
- Open-Ended Game Board: Help Dee get back to the campsite. Watch out for bears!!