Welcome to this Cave of Musical Wonders! What is your wish?
To have fun visuals for your students?
To have posters to reference for musical skills?
To have materials for engagement, understanding and positive reinforcement?
Then your wish is granted!!!
This fun set will motivate your students to sing and participate in music all while learning about proper singing technique, musical skills, instruments and music vocabulary.
To see pictures of this in my classroom click here.
Here’s what is in the setL
Hand sign posters with 7 different colored elements.
Body sign posters with 7 different colored elements, and two different sets of body sign systems that are commonly used in various Kodály levels and programs.
Coming this week: body sign charts (related to tone sets and scales)
Main Bulletin board with banners and music verbs, lettering for a Bulletin Board header and lettering that you can size for the header: “Can Your Friends Do This?” with posters included two ways,
• Sing/We Sing
• Play/We Play: (also Play instruments, Play singing games)
• Read/We Read
• Write/We Write
• Move/We Move
• Dance/We Dance
• Express/We Express
• Work Together/We Work Together
• Listen/We Listen
• Compose/We Compose
• Improvise/We Improvise
• Blend Voices/We Blend Voices
• Create/We Create
Singing Bulletin board with banners and singing verbs, lettering for a Bulletin Board header and lettering that you can size for the header: “Can Your Friends Do That?” and “Can Your Friends Sing This? with posters included two ways:
• Stand Tall/We Stand Tall
• Begin Together/We Begin Together
• Sing on Vowels/We Sing on Vowels
• Sound all Consonants/We Sound All Consonants
• Sing with Expression/We Sing With Expression
• Listen/We Listen
• Match Pitch/We Match Pitch
• Sing Lightly/We Sing Lightly
• Sing with Air Support/We Sing with Air Support
• Sing with Good Posture/We Sing With Good Posture
• End Together/We End Together
• Sing with Others/We Sing With Others
Sing Individually/We Sing Individually
Instruments bulletin board
• with banners lettering for a Bulletin Board header and lettering that you can size for the header, full and quarter sized instrument pictures
Music notation posters
• -large and small posters of musical notations, dynamics and tempo markings
Music Behavior Posters
• M-Make good choices
• U-Use your manners
• S- Speak when it’s your turn and listen when it’s not
• I-Involve yourself in activities
• C- Care for people and property
Behavior Management Forms
• Positive behavior reinforcement forms
• “I hit a few wrong notes” reflection paper
• Wristbands for positive reinforcement
• For positive reinforcement
• Recorder fingerings and left hand on top wrist bands
• Recorder money reminder
• Concert reminder
Note Value Posters- large and small posters of musical notations, dynamics and tempo markings
• Finger charts
• How to Play the Recorder posters:
Use “warm” air
Use “soft” air
Use “warm” or “soft” air
Left hand on top
Right hand in place (right thumb behind the 4th hole)
Start the sound with “doo”
Start the sound with “too”
Cover the holes leaks=squeaks
Start and end with the group
• How to Practice the Recorder posters
Slow it down
Figure out the form of the music. What’s similar? What’s different?
Work on the parts you can NOT play, not just the parts you CAN play
Don’t always start at the beginning
Keep a steady beat
Clap the rhythms
Sing it on solfa
Sing it on letter names
Say the letter names while fingering the notes
Classroom levels of work
Classroom levels of understanding
Objective and Learning Target posters in many options of colord for printing
Binder covers, pages and matching side binders for 1 inch binders (includes MANY different subject areas including sub binder, lesson, yearly, curricular plans, grade levels, collaboration, Kodály, Orff, Dalcroze, Workshop notes, meeting notes, Choir, Band, Orchestra and MANY MORE!)
If you like this file you might also enjoy:
Your feedback is important! Please follow me for special sales and monthly “Followers-only Freebies”. You can also like me on Facebook.
For more teaching ideas, please visit my blog, Music a la Abbott
Thanks for stopping by!