A Chair for My Mother Activities and Graphic Organizers Book Companion
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Explore this determination and persistence bundle of picture books filled with comprehension and literacy activities.Help your students strengthen their comprehension skills while digging deeper into determination-related picture books with this comprehensive set of activities. The determination actPrice $52.00Original Price $77.35Save $25.35
- This Cooperation & Teamwork growing bundle includes graphic organizers for the following picture books:A Chair For My MotherThe Name JarClick, Click Moo, Cows That TypeThe Curious GardenHere We AreChange SIngsCLICK HERE to become a follower and get notifications about new and updated products.FRPrice $21.00Original Price $33.05Save $12.05
- This Sense of Community & Belonging bundle includes graphic organizers for the following picture books:⭐️The Proudest BlueThese activities were created so your students can reflect on being proud of their identity and culture and what makes them different.⭐️A Chair For My MotherThe resource was crPrice $53.00Original Price $76.20Save $23.20
- Are you looking for resources that teach more than 10 comprehension skills while teaching empathy in the classroom?Picture books about empathy show the consequences of actions by thinking about other people's feelings, accepting differences and creating meaningful relationships. Having a good undersPrice $20.00Original Price $33.95Save $13.95
Are you looking for an engaging way to teach reading comprehension strategies? Look no further! Help your students strengthen their comprehension skills while digging deeper into A Chair for My Mother by Vera B. Williams with this comprehensive set of activities.
The A Chair for My Mother literacy activities are fun, easy to use, differentiated, and specifically connected to the book through imagery and quotes.
The worksheets are open-ended, so your students can work at their own level, and you can assess their understanding.
A Chair for My Mother promotes the positive outcome when communities come together to help others in need and that shared goals bring people closer.
These themes are reinforced further with A Chair for My Mother read-aloud questions for you to use before, during and after reading the book. Try some of the A Chair for My Mother questions in your classroom today by visiting this blog post.
Find everything you need in one time-saving literacy resource for A Chair for My Mother by Vera B. Williams.
Prep is quick and easy. Just print the student pages you need, and you are ready to deliver fun and engaging lessons! All you need to prepare is the book!
This A Chair for My Mother literacy resource includes NO-PREP graphic organizers covering different comprehension skills.
- Asking and answering questions
- Author’s purpose
- Cause and effect
- Character traits
- Compare and contrast
- Inferring and predicting
- Main idea and theme
- Making connections
- Point of view
- Problem and solution
- Retelling and sequencing
Your students will love practicing comprehension skills in engaging ways, engaging in active and meaningful discussions, working on challenging but achievable activities suitable for different abilities, making connections with their own experiences and playing cut-and-stick activities and games.
FEATURES Do the book have all of these?
- Activities and games related to the cause and effect in A Chair for My Mother.
- Activities explore the character traits in A Chair for My Mother, along with anchor chart labels.
- The read-aloud questions come as a list, individual cards and as sticky note templates. The A Chair for My Mother questions include inference, prediction, making connections, point of view, character traits and much more!
- A Chair for My Mother inferring and predicting activities.
- Main idea and theme with specific examples related to A Chair for My Mother.
- Making connections to the themes and actions in A Chair for My Mother, including text-to-self, text-to-text, and text-to-world.
- Point of view activities related to the characters, author and narrator of A Chair for My Mother.
- A Chair for My Mother retelling and sequencing activities with text and visual images, including black and white and colored versions.
Each comprehension skill has activities with different difficulty levels, so all you have to do is choose the best pages for your student’s needs.
Many of the A Chair for My Mother activities have boxes your students can respond to with text or illustrations, depending on their ability.
This resource is perfect for:
- reading and writing workshops
- guiding reading
- literacy centers
- substitute plans
- small group instruction
- independent work
This A Chair for My Mother book companion is a supplemental product. You can choose the most relevant pages for your needs and the ability and understanding of your students.
The purple text on the ‘Teacher Notes’ pages is specific to the book, for example, ideas for sequencing and the main idea and theme.
The A Chair for My Mother book activities and questions and activities are opinion based and open-ended for easy differentiation.
Please ask any questions before purchasing.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "The activity was used with small groups to review the skill. The students were able to hear the reading of the story to complete each worksheet." - Opal
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "So great! My students really enjoyed the text and now they loved the work in this packet. It was a great help for them to sequence the story. Thank you." -
⭐️ Bundle & SAVE ⭐️
You will find this literacy resource in the following money-saving bundles:
You may also like…
Copyright © Children’s Library Lady
This product is for individual single-classroom use only. Copying, altering, redistributing, editing, or re-selling anything from this product is strictly forbidden.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.