THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER READING THE BOOK.
NOTE: These puzzles are fun but challenging. Teachers may want to insert letter hints before copying, allow extra time, or have students work in pairs.
Each of these puzzles contains a quotation from A CHRISTMAS CAROL. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters into the puzzle grid, using a process of elimination.
QUOTEFALLS require students to use their knowledge of the book, along with their knowledge of spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language! Students love these puzzles!
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE A SAMPLE PUZZLE!
Perfect activities for after tests, between lessons, or at the end of the day!
QUOTEFALLS for high school:
* The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
* Animal Farm
* Catcher in the Rye
* A Christmas Carol
* The Crucible
* The Grapes of Wrath
* The Great Gatsby
* King Lear
* The Merchant of Venice
* A Midsummer Night's Dream
* Of Mice and Men
* Oedipus Rex
* The Pearl
* A Raisin in the Sun
* The Scarlet Letter
* The Taming of the Shrew
* The Tempest
* To Kill a Mockingbird
Check out my 100s of fun and educational products over most-taught literature at my store:
Like my products? Take a look at my new LOOKING GOOD ON PAPER products based on my years “in the trenches”--great writing lessons, many barely touched upon in textbooks!
Here are my unique products over A CHRISTMAS CAROL—Perfect for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View all 9 in my store.
* Bookmarks Plus: A CHRISTMAS CAROL edition--A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: Trivia Crossword--100 clues! Fun way to check students’ reading-for-detail skills! Great competition activity, too!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 69 Challenging Words Prereading Xword--Stave 1—Helps prepare students for reading the book!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 54 Challenging Words Prereading Xword--Stave 2—Helps prepare students for reading the book!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 101 Challenging Words Prereading Xword Stave —Helps prepare students for reading the book!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 47 Challenging Words Prereading Xword Staves 4 & 5—Helps prepare students for reading the book!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 71 Outdated Words Crossword--Unique!
Students must provide modern-day “translations”!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 10 Quotefall Puzzles--Great Spelling Workout!
Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 10 Word Merges--One "Word" Becomes Two!
Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!