NOTE: THIS PUZZLE IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER STUDENTS READ THE BOOK.
Each of these puzzles focuses on trivial details from A CHRISTMAS CAROL. Here are a few of the clues and answers:
* Robinson Crusoe character mentioned (FRIDAY)
* Weapon Scrooge wields at caroler (RULER)
* Young Scrooge's friend: Dick ___ (WILKINS)
* Scrooge, to Fred (UNCLE)
* Young Scrooge's boss (FEZZIWIG)
* Shirt Scrooge is buried in (CALICO)
Really tests students' reading for details skills! Great for a competition activity and a fun way to wrap up the book!
Here are more unique products over A CHRISTMAS CAROL—Perfect for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View all 9 in my store.
* Bookmarks Plus: A CHRISTMAS CAROL edition—A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 2 Trivia Crosswords—50 clues each! Fun way to check students’ reading-for-detail skills! Great competition activity, too!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 50 Challenging Words Prereading Xword—Stave 1—Helps prepare students for reading the book!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 50 Challenging Words Prereading Xword—Stave 2—Helps prepare students for reading the book!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 50 Challenging Words Prereading Xword Stave 3 —Helps prepare students for reading the book!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 47 Challenging Words Prereading Xword Staves 4 and 5—Helps prepare students for reading the book!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—Great Spelling Workout!
Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 10 Word Merges—One "Word" Becomes Two!
Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
* A CHRISTMAS CAROL: 71 Outdated Words Crossword—Unique!
Students must provide modern-day “translations”!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!