- Make this winter season as simple as possible with this bundle of four resources for the English Language Arts classroom. Each resource is extremely detailed, engaging, and ready to print-and-teach. Together they span at least 15 days of instruction.From an interactive analysis of winter poetry, t$19.97$13.59Save $6.38
- Check out this bundle of 5 engaging units that you can teach during the entire month of December! That’s right! Just download these units and you won’t have to do a bit of lesson planning! This bundle includes five resources that perfectly pair together, celebrate the time of year, AND help stude$32.45$22.39Save $10.06
- Product Description
"A Christmas Carol" Drama Study
This resource is for ”A Christmas Carol” Drama Study. If you would prefer similar resources that are designed to be used in an Interactive Notebook, check out the "A Christmas Carol" Interactive Notebook Resource HERE.
This resource is the perfect companion to “A Christmas Carol” written by Charles Dickens and dramatized by Frederick Gaines. As students read the drama about Ebenezer Scrooge, a man obsessed with greed, and then visited by spirits that change him forever, they’ll develop critical reading skills. Through small group work, independent studies, and class discussions students will not only understand and appreciate the elements of drama but develop deep meaning of the text. In this unit students will build historical background on the author and play, understand and appreciate the elements of drama, develop vocabulary knowledge, analyze characters, actively read and record their understandings, make personal connections to the text, and write in response to the literature. Students will also be participating in small group discussions, working with partners, and reflecting on their learning independently. There’s also a final assessment included in the unit. The end result is a fun, engaging, and CCSS-aligned unit!
The drama study includes all the resources you’ll need to teach this unit in your classroom tomorrow. You’ll love how easy the drama is to teach and your students will love this classic holiday tale!
In this unit, students will…
- Understand and appreciate elements of drama
- Build historical background for the play
- Determine themes conveyed in the text
- Describe how the play’s plot unfolds as well as how characters respond as the plot moves towards a resolution
- Determine the meaning of words and phrases used in the text
- Explore how character choices affect the plot and build on the theme of the story
- Engage in collaborative discussions
- Write in response to literature
Common Core State Standards:
- RL.1, RL.2, RL.3, RL.4, RL.5, RL.6, RL.10
- W.10, SL.1, L.4, L.6
This Interactive Reading Unit includes…
- Unit Overview
- Detailed activity plans (8)
- Elements of Drama Partner Activity
- Historical Background (4)
- Letter to Marley Writing Activity
- Student Packet: Drama Elements, Vocabulary, Building Background Notes, Active Reading, Mood Investigation, Character Analysis
- Personal Reflection
- Test - Multiple-Choice, True and False, and Short Answer
- All Instructional and Test Keys
You might also like...
- Reading Comprehension Skills - MEGA BUNDLE!9 Mini-Units!
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction