Want help starting your unit on A Christmas Carol with lessons about Charles Dickens, Victorian England, redemption stories, dynamic characters, and reading strategies to understand a challenging novella?
Use this set of THREE lessons AND a follow-up paragraph assessment to frontload the unit before it begins OR give students more information during reading.
This download includes:
1. Intro to Dickens lesson
2. Decoding Dickens: Reading Strategies lesson
3. Redemption Stories & Dynamic Characters lesson
4. Scene Analysis Paragraph: students write a literary analysis paragraph in which they choose a moment from the story that they think counts as "proof" of Scrooge's change as a dynamic character.
EACH lesson includes:
1. A PowerPoint lesson
2. Guided notes (with answer keys)
3. A video of me teaching the lesson, in case you want to hear it before you teach it (or if you want to use the flipped classroom method).
NOTE: Get this lesson in my FULL unit bundle on A Christmas Carol!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, sales, and product launches:
• FOLLOW Me: Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You’ll receive email updates about this store to SAVE even more! ☺
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. Your feedback is very important to me, and I take it very seriously! ☺
Questions? Requests for new products?
Ask me in the Q&A tab or email me directly at: email@example.com