Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol is a fictional story of Ebenezer Scrooge, an elderly man who found no reason to be happy on Christmas. He always displayed a bitter attitude towards his family, coworkers, and acquaintances, and only worried about his work and wealth. On Christmas, the ghost of his former business partner, Jacob Marley, visited Scrooge. Marley warned Scrooge to change his attitude or he would end up lifeless like him. Then, three ghosts visited Scrooge. They showed him his past, present, and future. Scrooge learned why he became so bitter towards Christmas, and suddenly realized how he was negatively hurting others around him. He decided to change his life and make up to all of the people he had wronged. Scrooge became a good friend, a good master, and a good man.
Book Version: Charles Dickens and Brett Helquist
Included in the package:
- Prezi- A 3D Lesson plan that is similar to powerpoint, with a 3D effect.
- Lesson Plan in PDF format
A. Common Core Aligned
B. Teaches Character Analysis
C. Modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- 4 activities to extend the lesson
- 2 Vocabulary Practice sheet (five words per sheet)
- 1 Graphic Organizer (Character Analysis)
- Comprehension Quiz with 7 Multiple Choice Questions and 1 Extended Response Question. Answer key included.
Go to Laura Randazzo’s TpT store and download her FREE step by step guide to open a Prezi.