This handout is designed to be worked on as students read through "A Christmas Carol".
One major theme throughout the play is how Scrooge's personality shifts from the beginning of the play, when he visits with the ghosts, and then at the very end. Students will fill out this information on each pie piece on the handout. This handout easily helps students see the shift in characterization!
For increased rigor, have students also provide text evidence or a quote in each section to back up their opinions!
CORE CONTENT ALIGNED:
(5) Comprehension of Literary Text/Drama. Students understand, make inferences and draw conclusions about the structure and elements of drama and provide evidence from text to support their understanding. Students are expected to analyze how different playwrights characterize their protagonists and antagonists through the dialogue and staging of their plays.
For more "Christmas Carol" lessons, check out:
A Christmas Carol Grammar Warm Up Sentences!
Other Great Products:
• Author's Purpose Domino Game
• Homonyms: Teaching There, Their, and They're
• Growth Mindset Badges / Brag Tags
• The Writing Process Graphic Organizer, Quiz, and Answer Key
• Fixed versus Growth Mindset Expansion Pack!
If you enjoy this product, please leave a rating and feedback- I love to hear from you!
You may also follow us on twitter @TheWiseApple