This A Christmas Carol Unit Plan is a great way to keep your middle school students engaged in learning activities during the Holiday Season. This product is complete with before, during and after reading activities for the classic holiday novel of A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. I have used this same unit for the novel and various play versions! It works well for both!
**UPDATE** AND options are now available for traditional classroom settings AND for virtual distance learning!
Best of all, very little preparation is required! Simply print and Go! Keep you students learning AND make your own life a little easier during this busy season.
As a bonus, a highly visual Slides presentation is included to help teach students build their understanding of life in London in the 1800s and the events that inspired Charles Dickens to write the story. An excellent study of literature, aligned with Common Core, that will help maintain rigor and the students' interest in the few weeks leading to the winter break.
- General Teacher Guidelines and Instructions
- Unit Overview
- Six Individual Lesson Outlines with step-by-step instructions.
- Guided Reading Packet with Before, During, and After Reading Activities.
- Text v. Film Analysis Handout
- Answer Keys!
- Link to Slides Presentation "Building Background for A Christmas Carol"
- Instructions for Accessing Presentation
- Instructions for Saving Slides Presentation as PowerPoint Presentation
- Building Background Knowledge
- Making Connections
- Comprehension Check Questions for each Stave of the novel,
- Reading Strategy: Visualizing
- Adjective Review
- Compare / Contrast
- Making Inferences
- Drawing Conclusions
- Theme Analysis
- Reflection Questions
Did you know that TpT gives you credits towards future purchases when you leave feedback? Your feedback is so important to me as I try to provide the best products possible! Please go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to log in). Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click on the button and it will take you to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment. Thank you so much for providing valuable feedback!
Click on the "Follow Me" button on my store page to see all my latest products and updates!
Follow me on Instagram @mrs.nelson.teaches.
Follow me on Pinterest! Brenna Nelson