On Christmas Eve a train gets stranded in a snowdrift in the middle of nowhere. A group of passengers decide to leave the carriage and take refuge in a nearby hotel, only to discover in the morning, trapped and cut off from the outside world, that one of them has been murdered…
Visually attractive Christmas murder mystery story lesson complete with all resources needed for a fun engaging lesson.
Power point includes:
* Title page.
* Complete lesson objectives and outcomes (WALT and WILF) - with the focus on higher attaining students to use descriptive language for effect and to build up tension and drama within the story.
* Lesson starter – winter weather anagrams.
* Story scenario – dramatic scenario (as above)
* Copy and complete first paragraph starter prompt – used in order help students start the story effectively (also given as a handout resource.)
* Mini word bank.
* Mini-prompt paragraphs two and images to help students write.
* Fantastic “murder mystery bingo” plenary activity with teacher’s callers card and 30 unique bingo cards (with instructions on how to best play the game included.)
* Each slide gives students a “TEEP” instruction at the start of the slide, indicating which sort of activity is involved at each stage.
* All resources included at the end of the Power Point.
(Royalty free images included and bingo cards created from myfreebingocards.com.)