Each of the Common Core ELA standards listed below is met through these 5 poetry lessons for Kindergarten, using five examples of classic poetry.
Included in your purchase:
• 5 poetry printables, each containing the poem, author and designated space on the printable to illustrate the poem(s).
• Completed Lesson plans, ready to implement (with common core guidelines noted). No prep needed!
• Cover page for poetry packet.
CCSS guidlines met in this 1 week (5 day) poetry unit:
• Encourage the students to ask and answer questions about details in the poems. (CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.1)
• Allow students to retell one of the poems in their own words. (CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.2)
• In each poem, identify the character, setting, and major events. (CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.3)
• Encourage students to identify unknown words and ask questions about the identified words. (CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.4)
• To recognize that each of the five text examples are examples of poetry. (CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.5)
• Introduce the author or each poem. (CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.6)
Engage the class in group reading activities by reading selected poems together, guided by teacher. (CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.10).