This is a packet to go along with A Color of His Own by Leo Lionni. It has comprehension activities tied to the book and one science activity about mixing colors. The packet also includes comprehension questions and sight words.
I use this as one of my 15 minute morning centers with students that have special needs. We use the same book for one week and rotate the activities. These can easily be done as literacy centers in general education lower elementary rooms (k-3).
All activities are hassle free and just need to be cut and laminated (if desired).
A Color of His Own
• Activity Explanation
• Comprehension Questions (12 questions )
• Sight Words (Two Levels with 6 cards each)
• Sight Word Puzzles (Two Levels)
• Sight Word Memory Game (Two Levels)
• Two Writing/Drawing Prompts
• Summarizing Worksheet
• Making Connections Cards (6 questions)
• Inferring Cards (5 Questions with an explanation card)
• Sequencing Activity (Just Words but Two Levels)
• Comprehension Sort (Words and Pictures)
• Comprehension Game: Putting it all together
• Fun with colors activity
*** Check preview for more details on each individual activity!