Welcome to a world of drama and expression. This is such a fun, complete IB PYP unit of inquiry that explores the theme of How We Express Ourselves with our voice as a form of communication. You will find over 80 pages packed full of rigorous and engaging inquiry based learning for 3rd, 4th and 5th grades. UK & USA spelling.
The central idea is: Our voice is an important form of expression to communicate ideas, emotions and feelings.
Lines of inquiry:
• How does our body create our voice?
• How have people used their voices for entertainment over time?
• How do people communicate their feelings and emotions using their voice?
• How do people express themselves without a voice?
• Is vocal communication the most effective form of communicating?
This is such a fun unit to work with. It is filled with drama, theatre, puppets, funny voices and communication with and without using our voice. My 4th graders LOVED it! And I did too!
You will find 4 – 6 weeks of literacy, science and math activities, including:
Interactive notebook activities
Hands on math activities for data analysis
Puppets: grammar lessons on dialogue
Greek theatre and other forms of entertainment
Engaging formative assessments
Research inquiry tasks
Collaborative group work activities
If like this unit, you may like my range of complete IB PYP units for the upper elementary in my stores.