How did citizens and the U.S. government itself help the WWII effort from home? Undoubtedly, without the aid of devoted Americans stateside, the war effort against the Japanese and Nazis would have been disastrous. Students during this lesson will examine the significance of the home front during WWII and demonstrate their understanding of how important wartime mobilization in the United States truly was.
In this lesson students will:
1) Respond to a Bell Ringer in which students are prompted to consider how life in America would be different if we were currently involved in WWIII.
2) Watch and discuss a government sponsored cartoon about the wartime mobilization process at home.
3) Analyze wartime posters for ways that Americans helped the war effort from home.
4) Examine three primary/secondary sources for ways that Americans helped the war effort from home.
5) Create online digital cartoons that demonstrate how the government and citizens at home contributed greatly to the war effort.
Bonus materials included!