This "Crash Course" Booklet is complete with all of the elements to teach a mini-unit on creative writing!
1) It begins with planning out the elements of their story(Characters/ Setting/ Conflict and Resolution)
2) Brainstorming their setting and characters
3) Learning about and plot graphs and creating their own
4) Showing Rather Than Telling- using description in their writing
5) Creating their Rough Draft
6) Editing their drafts with an editing checklist
7) Creating their Final Drafts
It also includes:
- A Rubric for their Story
- A Certificate of Completion
- The "How To" for Teacher
It's a great way to get students using their imagination in a guided way! Try it out and see what they come up with!