This is a lesson I used for one of my instructional observations under the new Tennessee guidelines. I am a librarian at a K-2 school. I have a group of advanced second grade readers that is called "Camp Read S'More". I have taken the top 3 readers from each of our 6 second grade classes to form my group. The children were required to read the book A Day's Work by Eve Bunting before the lesson.
Please feel free to use bits and pieces. You may just want to use the discussion questions.
In this document you will find
* Page 1 Notes on how I did the observation/ format
* Pages 2-3 The text I put on my PowerPoint (couldn't figure out how to get 2 files on TPT)
* Pages 4-5 My lesson outline and discussion questions
* Page 6 Post test (2 tests on 1 page)
* Pages 7-9 Observational Instruction Rationale (I went through the rubric and listed what I covered and how I covered it).
Objectives of the lesson are for student to
1. Participate in a discussion about the book.
2. Use context clues to translate Spanish words into English.
Written in Microsoft Word 2004.