I’ve created this resource to accompany the book A Dog's Life. It includes the following:
- Vocabulary for each of the four parts of the story. Each includes two pages – one with the words and blank spaces for definitions, which is great for dictionary hunts. The other has both the words and definitions.
- Questions for each chapter. One page of questions for each chapter (a couple have two pages), with lines below each questions for students to fill in their answers. (28 pages of questions in all)
- Graphic organizers for narrative elements, making connections, making predictions, character traits, cause and effect, compare and contrast (no directions included on this so you can choose what you’d like for students to compare and contrast), and fact and opinion.
- Adopt Me Assignment activity to complete after students have finished the book.
- Bone’s Story writing activity.
- Writing a chapter summary set: Includes everything you need to teach students to write a paragraph summary.
- A Dog’s Life Test: A 26-Question test that is a mix of matching, multiple-choice, short answer, and open-response.
As always, please contact me with any concerns BEFORE leaving any feedback. I'm happy to help whenever I can!