A Doll's House QR Codes Talk: 19th Century Marriages
→ Editable files! Revised in July 2016!
Students love this pre-reading activity for A Doll’s House
! Using cell phones and working in pairs or trios, students walk around the classroom to scan QR Codes and discuss reading questions about the Victorian Era and marriages. The class comes together at the end of the activity to review responses and reflect upon their learning.
I use this activity to build historical context before reading the play. Be sure that you have at least one cell phone for each small group of students—and, if you have not used QR Codes in your class before, consider giving students a few minutes to download a QR Code reader before beginning the activity. This is a fun activity that students will very intuitively know how to complete!
This activity is included in my A Doll's House Activity Bundle.
This lesson is classroom-tested and include the following:
A teacher lesson plan with…
• Common Core objectives
• preparation steps
• a classroom agenda
• assessment strategies
A PowerPoint with…
• student-friendly objectives
• student directions
• activity time limits
• A Doll's House Activity Bundle
• A Doll's House Fishbowl Debate
• A Doll's House Pre-reading Carousel Discussion
• A Doll's House QR Mini Flip
• A Doll's House Themes: Textual Analysis Activity
• A Doll's House: QR Codes Background Worksheet
• A Doll's House Victorian Fans Activity: Using Nonverbal Language