Students will learn about the characteristics of a tree and its leaves; human uses of forests and the impact of human interaction.
- examine a tree to determine its health, age, leaf patterns, and growth
- identify human uses of forests, historically and in modern times
- compare and contrast human uses of forests, historically and in modern times
- identify human actions that enhance and human actions that threaten forest areas
- describe how diversified inhabitants of an area live together as a community
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.