this is the outline and module 5 on Biodiversity
out of 12 Environmental modules, Each with a Basic Topic
A GIFT OF GREEN
ECOLOGY ALBUM AND BOOK
To help bring to children and adults alike an awareness of the beauty and value of all forms of life, of all things. And thru that awareness help to bring the needed changes our social system and the Earth are desperate for. Thus, insuring the benefit and beauty of nature be preserved for generations to come.
By using the wonderful and miraculous power of music to awe, inspire and motivate them to want to learn more about nature and this wonderful place called Earth.
1. OUR GREENOLOGY WHAT WILL YOUR WORLD BE LIKE?
2. BASIC BUILDING BLOCKS REALITY RAP
3. CIRCLES N CYCLES ENERGY CIRCLES ROUND
4. LIFE CYCLES A TREE
5. HABITATS EVERYBODY HAS TO HAVE A HOME
6. BIODIVERSITY DO HORSES LAY EGGS?
7. WILDLIFE’BASIC NEEDS ONCE THEY WERE EVERYWHERE
9. POLLUTION I HATE LITTER
10. RECYCLING RECYCLE, REUSE, REDUCE
11. CONSERVATION ME AND BILLY TRY NOT TO WASTE
12. PLEDGE CHILD OF THE EARTH
13. CLOSING A GIFT OF GREEN, the song
To use these materials read the topic and discuss it with the children, play the song & show them the pictures, then do one of the listed activities or one of your own which emphazises the topic, try to use the arts as much as possible, then use the fun book to be sure they got it. Most importantly, MAKE IT FUN!
Also these materials are meant to be used in conjunction with Project Learning Tree, Project Wild, and Aquatic Wild or Nature Scoping Books, they are available at your local Fish and Game Dept. The blue highlighted section in each module are suggested exercises from the books.