The first day of school for a new teacher will include new procedures, new faces, and a strange environment they are not accustomed to. Getting off on the right foot on the first day of school will help first year teachers successfully transition into the classroom. A good start to the first day of school can be the difference between a successful year for a teacher and/or a year of distress/unhappiness. The effective teacher knows how to design lessons to help students reach mastery.
An effective teacher:
• Teaches children, not the subject or a grade level.
• Maximizes academic learning time.
• Has children earning at their own achievement.
• Keeps children actively engaged in learning.
• PLANS and is ALWAYS PREPARED
This book includes: Are you ready?1
* Morning Arrival Idea Activities
* Morning Meeting
* Read Aloud Stories
* Differentiated Small Groups Activities: Science, Math, & Creative Arts
* Shared Reading Stories
* Theme-Based Activities
* Literacy/Language Development Activities