Founded on principles from Joseph Campbell’s book entitled The Hero with a Thousand Faces. The hero’s journey shows us that many common patterns run through hero myths and stories from around the world. This unit uses graphics and vocabulary to help students to understand the different steps of the journey and how they can apply it to their own lives. Students will question what makes a hero and begin to identify hero qualities within themselves. Includes student handouts, lesson plans, quizzes and test.
How can I use this?
• Help students to understand the common patterns demonstrated in literature
• Allow students opportunities to identify hero qualities within themselves
What is included?
• Teacher implementation notes
• Student handouts
• Assessments with answer key
How much class time will this take?
Two weeks of 50 minute class periods.
What if I want more?
Similar products Music as Poetry Unit. The Hero’s Journey Bundle.
How do I stay updated on new products, sales, and freebies?
**Follow Me** by clicking the green star by my store name. I add new products often so this is the best way to keep up with what’s happening at For the Love of Humanities!
• Use this item for your own classroom, students, or for your own personal use.
• Buy additional licenses for others to use this product at a discount by visiting your TpT “My Purchases” page.
• Review this product to recommend others buy it in blog posts, at professional development workshops, or other venues as long as credit is given to my store with a direct link to my store/product.
You may not...
• Upload this product to any website or server – even one for your classroom.
• Give this product to others without the purchase of an additional license for them (this includes emailing, printing copies, or sharing through a website, cloud or other network.)
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.