Preparing students for standardized exams doesn’t have to be boring or irrelevant! Here’s another high-interest test prep article on an engaging topic – a valuable treasure hidden somewhere in the U.S. Students will learn about Forrest Fenn, a multi-millionaire who recently hid millions of dollars worth of objects in a treasure chest and has released clues inviting curious treasure-seekers to find it.
This text includes 7 multiple choice questions along with a short response question.
Questions ask students to do the following and more:
* use the text to answer explicit questions that demonstrate comprehension
* summarize the main idea of a paragraph and of an entire text
* identify specific details in the test that support a main idea
* use context clues to define challenging vocabulary words
* refer back to particular paragraphs to locate information and identify which paragraphs could be used to find information
* draw conclusions from a series of ideas presented by the author
An answer key is included. Should be accessible to 4th and 5th graders as well as fluent readers in 3rd grade.