This U.S. History unit is designed to teach your students about the history of slavery as well as its affects on the men and women who were enslaved. This unit encourages discussion of complex beliefs, cooperative learning, research, and critical thinking.
This product contains the following:
2. 2 student assignments, including a map activity
3. A 6-part mini-unit around the Lincoln-Douglass Debate
4. A research assignment on slave narratives
5. A project with a grading rubric
6. A review game
7. A study guide
8. A unit test with key
If you find this product useful, please check out these other products from Room 311:
American Civil War Unit
Resources for Black History Bundle
A History of Slavery Unit
by Dena Lopez
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
Check me out at Room 311 on Facebook
Email me at email@example.com
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.