This product provides a framework for your class to compose their very own opinion writing (with a holiday twist)! It is broken down as such:
1. A list of mentor texts to read aloud throughout your unit.
2. A hands on and tasty activity to get your class excited about opinion writing!
3. Opinion Writer’s Toolbox: Use this poster to introduce the framework of opinion writing and what it is. I recommend introducing the topic, giving the students some talk time, and then reading aloud a mentor text to begin.
2. Planning: Students will use a graphic organizer with 4 squares to help them develop their paragraphs and reasons. I have included 3 different prompts for you to choose from.
3. What’s Your Hook?: Students will develop 3 different types of hooks and choose their favorite one.
4. Editing Checklist - May be used for self and/or peer editing
5. Publishing Paper - 2 options
Thanks and enjoy!