This novel study is an excellent way to cover several decades of Washington State History in an engaging way. A Horse's Tale has 10 chapters, and each one is a different decade in Washington state. This product works best if you use it in conjunction with your sate history curriculum, so students can get the full depth of history of WA state. This can be used with students as young as fourth grade, but I have used it successfully with seventh graders who enjoyed it just as much.
What you get:
1. Comprehension questions and vocabulary for each chapter. (set up as half sheets for easy prep and use less paper)
2. A background building activity for use on each decade in the book.
3. An end of the unit project with two project options for students to choose from with step-by-step directions.
4. A grading rubric for the projects.
5. An answer key for comprehension.