"A Kidnapped Santa Claus" is a short story written by L. Frank Baum and published in December 1904. The characters are demons of hatred, selfishness, envy, malice, and repentance. The demons did not like Santa because he made children happy. There was no need for them to visit the demons’ caves. On Christmas Eve, the demons capture Santa and take him into the mountains. They are sure that the children will receive no toys for Christmas. However, their plot doesn’t work out quite the way they intended.
This Readers' Theater adaptation includes:
*Complete script which adheres to the original story
*Activities for using this resource with your class, including:
* Pre reading activities including: vocabulary study and activating background
* Comprehension Questions for class discussion (with answers)
* Journal questions about literary elements
* Writing activity-- Themes
* Suggestions for story projects
If you like this resource, please visit my store to see the other adaptations of classic literature I have for elementary, middle school, high school, and special education classes.