A Letter From Your Teacher on the Last Day of School Activity
Also included in
- Looking for meaningful classroom community activities to go with all four books by Shannon Olsen? These book companions for Our Class is a Family, Our School is a Family, A Letter From Your Teacher on the First Day of School, and A Letter From Your Teacher on the Last Day of School are resources thaPrice $23.00Original Price $27.50Save $4.50
- Looking for meaningful classroom community activities to go with all four books by Shannon Olsen? These book companions for Our Class is a Family, Our School is a Family, A Letter From Your Teacher on the First Day of School, and A Letter From Your Teacher on the Last Day of School are resources thaPrice $30.00Original Price $37.50Save $7.50
Want a meaningful extension activity after reading aloud A Letter From Your Teacher: On the Last Day of School by Shannon Olsen? This book companion will provide students with a special keepsake to take home with them at the end of the year.
It contains templates for a mailbox, student postcards, and a teacher letter. Students create and decorate their own mailbox (they can color the templates and cut them out, and simply glue them onto a paper lunch bag or other container of choice).
You can also give each student a class set of postcards (put them in a stapled packet and have them cut out the cards once their writing is complete). Students can write a short message on the back to each classmate, with a similar sentiment to what they might write when signing a yearbook.
Have everyone pass out their cards to put in each other's mailboxes on the last day of school. When saying good-bye, students can take home their mailbox with all the cards from their classmates as a keepsake.
You might choose to include a teacher letter from you to put in their mailboxes too. Templates are provided in both black & white or color (the black and white template works great for printing on color paper). Options are included for either typing the letter or writing it by hand.
Please see the preview for visuals of the entire resource. The download comes in both a pdf and Google Slides version, and includes:
- Detailed guidelines, tips, and ideas for the teacher
- Mailbox templates to fit a paper lunch bag or standard-sized shoe box
- Mini mailbox templates to fit a smaller container, such as a small gift bag
- Multiple printing options to meet the writing needs of your class (no writing lines, single-spaced lines, double-spaced lines, and cards with sentence frames)
- A paper-saving option with more cards per page
- Teacher letter template in black & white or color (for hand writing)
- Teacher letter template in black & white or color (for typing)
Here's what teachers are saying about the last day of school activity:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "My students loved this! It gave them a chance to write and share their favorite memories of the year with their friends."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "I like the format of this resource to allow me to personalize notes for each of my students! I also like the options for students to write notes as well!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "This is such a nice way to wrap up the year with students. It's a nice alternative to the usual autograph book."
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "I love this book and I loved the resources for the first day of school. These are just as fantastic and perfect for the end of the year!"
You might also like this discounted GROWING BUNDLE of extension activities for all 4 books by Shannon Olsen, which includes these resources and more:
Our Class is a Family Class Family Album
Our Class is a Family bookmarks
Our Class is a Family Memory Book for the End of the Year
Our School is a Family Book Companion
A Letter From Your Teacher: On the First Day of School Book Companion
A Letter From Your Teacher: On the Last Day of School Book Companion
And these additional resources for the end of the school year:
End of the Year Jenga with Reflection Questions
End of the Year Photo Booth Props
Click here to follow my TpT store and be the first to know about new resources, which are 50% off for the first 24 hours!
After downloading this resource, leave feedback to earn free TpT credits for future purchases!
Let's Connect! Follow me on: