A Letter to Amy by Ezra Jack Keats Activities in Digital and PDF
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This Ezra Jack Keats Author Study bundle includes materials for SIX of Ezra Jack Keats most popular books. The activities are just what you need to keep your kids THINKING and LEARNING! Comprehension is the focus, and each unit includes before, during, and after activities for the following titles:WPrice $19.60Original Price $28.00Save $8.40
A Letter to Amy by Ezra Jack Keats is so sweet. It's time for a birthday party, but Amy's invitation goes missing. Kids will connect to this book with ease and reflect on their own birthdays. This interactive reading activities will draw your students in and help you teach them key literacy skills.
HOW TEACHERS CAN USE THIS UNIT FOR A LETTER TO AMY:
Teachers can pick and choose the activities that best fit classroom and student needs. The activities work well for small group instruction, whole group modeling, for book clubs, and for literacy stations too. It's designed in a Before-During-After format. Please download the preview file for a close look at the activities.
WHAT'S READING SKILLS ARE INCLUDED IN THE A LETTER FOR AMY RESOURCE?
This guided reading unit includes the following:
- Schema building activity about birthdays
- Story Vocabulary Graphic Organizer and Word Cards
- Sequencing story events organizer
- BME organizer (2nd summarizing option)
- Questioning Column Notes
- Birthday retell it
- Making comparisons between characters (2 pages)
- Visualizing using story description and character quotes
- Story Elements Organizer
- Question Task Cards and Response Form
- Report Project
- Birthday Cake Craftivity and Glyph (4 pages)
- Narrative Writing about The Birthday Party Disaster
54 Pages Total (1/2 PDF and 1/2 Google Slides TM)
OTHER EZRA JACK KEATS RESOURCES YOU'D ENJOY:
GET THEM ALL WITH
WHAT TEACHERS HAVE HAD TO SAY ABOUT THIS BUNDLE:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Megan Kay Gorden says, "My students used this resource during an exploration of letter writing. We read the book and then used the graphic organizer to complete the learning. They then made their own friendly letters to others in the class. Great resource with a timeless piece of children's literature!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kendra M. says, "Many helpful activities! Thank you!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Eva W. says, "Great addition to our author study! Thank you."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Carrie Parker says, "Should've bought the bundle. Love them all!!"
Copyright © Comprehension Connection.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.