Ishmael Beah's memoir, A Long Way Gone, shares his memory of his experiences during Sierra Leone's civil war. As your students read it, have them examine the genre of memoir and personal narrative, and write their own personal narratives. This collection helps you do just that.
Included in this collection:
1. A Table of Contents that organizes all materials so they are easy to find and shares which chapter each activity links to
2. Objectives and Common Core standards for the collection
3. Activity objectives
4. Detailed directions for each activity
5. Activities that examine the genre of memoir and personal narrative
6. 12 informal writing assignments that link to episodes in A Long Way Gone
7. 1 formal personal narrative assignment
8. Activities for each stage of the writing process: pre-writing, writing, peer response, revising, and editing
9. Step-by-step directions for writing the hook and body
If you have purchased the complete unit
for A Long Way Gone, you already have this collection.
But, if not, you may also be interested in:
A Long Way Gone--Hip-Hop Activities
A Long Way Gone-- Discussion Questions and Activities
A Long Way Gone-- Comprehension Quizzes and Answer Keys
Buyers, please return to Your Purchases page and leave feedback of this product. Not because four stars fills me with warm fuzzies (though it does) but because it helps other buyers decide what to buy.
Be the first to learn about new products! Click on the green star beside my store logo to become a follower and receive updates about my store.