In this unit, you will find activities that I use to introduce and help students to understand the concept of hibernation.
I made this unit with Kindergarten students in mind. I have tried to incorporate skills that my students need to know in Reading & Math.
- Main Idea & Details
- Fluency/Reading practice through emergent readers.
- Science skills: Match the animal to its hibernation location/habitat.
- Science skills: Use a song to review what animals hibernate through the winter and the shelter in which they take (needs of animals).
- Math Skills – A sorting activity: Do I Hibernate? (Sorting by one attribute)
- Math Skills – A Sorting and Graphing Activity: Hibernation Count and Graph
Some graphics used in this pack are copyright of DJ Inkers. My commercial license number is 1013192180.
This unit is SEPARATE from the emergent reader (Animals Will Hibernate) that I also have listed in my TpT store. The emergent reader included in this unit is a different book than Animals Will Hibernate. Email me at: email@example.com if you have any questions about either product!